Birth Doula Services - $700
My birth doula services include:
• One complimentary interview to discuss my services and to decide if we are a good match for each other.
• Unlimited email and phone support from the date of hire.
• Two prenatal meetings to help us get acquainted and to discuss your desires for your unique birth experience.
• Continuous physical and emotional support during your labor, birth, and through the initiation of breastfeeding.
• Basic photography or video if so desired.
• One to two postpartum meetings depending on your needs to assist with breastfeeding questions, review your experience, and answer any new parenting questions you may have.
• New parenting support. You are always welcome to email me with any questions.
Birth Doula Services Payment
A minimum of half of the total payment for this service is due on or before our first prenatal appointment. The second half is due on or before the first postpartum appointment (1 month postpartum).
Birth Doula Services & Placenta Encapsulation - $855
I have partnered with Alex Browne of Bliss Beyond Birth, a Certified Placenta Encapsulation Specialist serving the Tri-Cities & surrounding areas. We are offering our services at a special combined rate to mamas who would like to experience the benefits of having a doula, as well as those of placenta encapsulation ($950 value).
This package deal includes my Birth Doula Services (see detailed description above) as well as a Traditional Chinese Medicine inspired method of placenta encapsulation in which the placenta is rinsed of it's blood and steamed with the herbs myrrh and ginger. The myrrh is used to pull the essence of the placenta back into it, and is said to have special "blood-moving" powers to purge stagnant blood from the uterus. The ginger is used for the aroma during steaming and to lessen the aftertaste in the capsules, and is considered a warming and stimulating spice. Only wild harvested and certified organic herbs are used. The placenta is then dehydrated, ground into a fine powder-like substance, put into clear vegetarian capsules, and presented to you in a cobalt blue glass jar.
The purpose of the mother ingesting encapsulated placenta is to reintroduce the beneficial vitamins, minerals, her own natural hormones, proteins, and other nutrients to her body following labor and birth that have shown to help replenish depleted iron, assist in the prevention of “baby blues” and the more serious postpartum depression, increase breast milk supply and quality, lessen bleeding postnatally, hasten return of uterus to pre-pregnancy state, shorten healing time, increase maternal energy levels, and provide an over-all feeling of wellness and balanced bodily function. Your placenta contains your own natural hormones and is perfectly made for you and your baby, by you!
Placenta has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for centuries and is now gaining acceptance in the United States as natural way to facilitate health and well-being postpartum.
If you'd like more information on placenta encapsulation, as well as the other services Alex offers, check out the Bliss Beyond Birth website!
Postpartum and/or Bed Rest Support - $25/hour / $20/hour with Birth Doula Services
I provide non-medical home assistance for women during the postpartum period and on best rest. These support services may include, but are not limited to:
• Caring for mama before and/or as she recovers from birth
• Supporting the father/partner through their transition to their new role
• Soothing baby
• Caring for baby and siblings while parents nap, shower, & eat
• Emotional support & non-judgmental listening
• Light housekeeping & laundry
• Light snack preparation using ingredients from your kitchen
• Running errands
• Helping create a nurturing and quiet environment for the family
• Referrals to community resources including childbirth education, lactation consultation, placenta encapsulation & bengkung belly binding, baby wearing instruction, new moms groups, etc., as needed.
Precious Beginnings - $300
12 hours of daytime support (3 shifts of 4 hours each, during the first week). You may be on a tight budget but want to make sure that you get breastfeeding and bonding off to a good start. To avoid becoming exhausted and burnt out, I recommend a few visits during the first week or two.
Joyful Transition - $800
32 hours of daytime support (8 shifts of 4 hours each, during a few weeks to a few months). This package gives you a chance to joyfully adjust to the rhythms of your new family. Spend the first few weeks rested and focused on bonding.
Postpartum/ Bed Rest Services Payment
If paying by the hour, a 50% deposit is due upon booking your visit, and the remainder due upon the day of visit.
If purchasing a package, a 50% deposit is due upon booking your visits, and the remainder due upon the last visit of the series.